We appreciate your interest in all the great things happening at MAX. Caring parents and a supportive community play an important role in educating our children. This site was designed to provide you with important and up-to-date information about MAX. Education changes lives, and the better informed you are, the more power you’ll have to influence and inspire our youth.
We’ve included helpful information that you may need throughout the school year. View our calendar to see upcoming events, schedules, and important dates at MAX. Read about our namesake Maxine Giardina. View messages from our Chairman Jake Giardina and our Director Ms. Linda Musson, Teach to Teach, L.C.C.
If you have a question or comment, please contact us.
- Reading for pleasure unlocks the power of information and imagination and helps children discover who they are. Here’s what you can do to help children develop stronger reading skills and a love for reading:
- Set the example. Let children see you read.
- Have a collection of books in your home. Update this collection routinely to keep up with changing tastes and reading skills.
- Support our school’s Book Fair. Allow your children to choose their own books to read.
Please make plans to visit our Book Fair and be involved in shaping your child’s reading habits.
Book Fair Dates & Shopping Times _______
Friday, February 2th Students Walk-through 1:00-3:00
Monday, February 5th Grandparents Day for Lower School 2:00-4:00
Wednesday, February 7th Grandparents Day for Middle School 2:00-4:00
Thursday, February 8th Grandparents Day for Upper School 2:00-4:00
- The Max Charter School Pupil Progression Plan Committee has scheduled its annual PPP review meetings at MAX Charter School on Monday, January 29, 2018, Tuesday, January 30, 2018, and Wednesday, January 31, 2018, at 8:30 A.M. Parents and the public are invited and encouraged to attend. Please refer to the school’s web site www.maxcharter.org for more information.
- Help support MAX Charter School by signing up for our race, purchasing raffle tickets, and attending our 5K Race Fest! The following link can be used to sign up for the race – http://maxcharterschool5k.itsyourrace.com/event.aspx?id=10272
News and Reminders
The Maxine Giardina Charter School Board of Directors will hold its next monthly meeting on Thursday, February 1, 2018, at 9:00 A.M. at the MAX Charter School at Nicholls State University. Meetings are usually scheduled for the first Thursday of each month. The March meeting will be held on March 1, 2018.
Homework Louisiana offers FREE online tutoring and academic resources from Tutor.com for Louisiana residents from kindergarten students through adult learners. Get help in math, science, social studies or English from a live tutor. The services can be accessed from a Louisiana public library, from your home computer or from your mobile device at http://www.homeworkla.org/
Reporting Child Abuse or Neglect
The Louisiana Children’s Code, established in 1992, provides definitions of abuse and neglect and contains laws pertaining to child abuse and neglect reports and investigations. The purpose of the Children’s Code is to protect children whose physical or mental health and welfare are substantially at risk of harm by physical abuse, sexual abuse, emotional maltreatment or neglect and may be further threatened by the conduct of those responsible for their care and protection.
To report child abuse or child neglect please call the Louisiana Department of Children and Family Services 1-855-4LA-KIDS (1-855-452-5437).
For weather-related and emergency school closing information please check the Emergency Information section.