MAX is located on the Nicholls State University Campus between Family Housing and Babington Hall. The school is dedicated to educating students with dyslexia and related learning differences. The school is approved by the Louisiana Board of Elementary and Secondary Education. It is designed for students in first through eighth grade who struggle with dyslexia and related learning differences.
- MAX Charter School is the first of its kind in the state of Louisiana. We are one of the few public schools in the nation dedicated to meeting the needs of children with dyslexia and other related learning differences.
- MAX is a nonprofit 501(c)3 organization & co-educational school for children in first through eighth grades.
- Our programs are NOT “one size fits all” programs.
- Our faculty members have been given extensive training so that we can properly serve our students.
- Our dedicated and motivating faculty members not only foster academic success but inspire self confidence to achieve academic, social, and real-world goals.
- The MAX Charter School complies with a non-discriminatory policy.
MAX Mission Statement
The MAX Charter School is committed to meeting the educational needs of students with dyslexia and other language-related learning differences. Its mission is to empower the lives of these students who learn differently.
The MAX Philosophy
All children can learn when their learning disorders are properly diagnosed, when their teachers are properly trained, and when their educational environment emphasizes support, dignity, and individual responsibility.