MAX is located on the Nicholls State University Campus between Family Housing and Babington Hall. The school is dedicated to educating students with dyslexia and related learning differences. The school is approved by the Louisiana Board of Elementary and Secondary Education. It is designed for students in first through eighth grade who struggle with dyslexia and related learning differences.
- MAX Charter School is the first of its kind in the state of Louisiana. We are one of the few public schools in the nation dedicated to meeting the needs of children with dyslexia and other related learning differences.
- MAX is a nonprofit 501(c)3 organization & co-educational school for children in first through eighth grades.
- Our programs are NOT “one size fits all” programs.
- Our faculty members have been given extensive training so that we can properly serve our students.
- Based on 2018-2019 Parent Satisfaction Survey, 86% of parents feel that our school meets or exceeds expectations.
- 97.4% agree that their child’s progress is because of MAX!
- 94% would recommend MAX to other parents of struggling students.